Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jen, This One's For You...

My best friend, Jen, has started a new weekly post on her blog called "Sunday Savings" that I've mentioned on here before.

Now, Jen not only holds the title of "best" friend, she's also "most organized" friend. I can't hold a candle to her coupon setup she has going, but she inspired me to make my own ramshackle version.

She knows how unorganized I am, so I think she'll be very proud (and surprised) of me...

I went to Publix today (after checking the ad, of course) and saved $23 from a $130 bill. That's almost 20% for all you non-math people out there. My steal of the day was formula. Publix has our formula (Enfamil Gentlease) on sale for $22.50 (the cheapest you can get it anywhere is $27.50 - believe me, we look all over). But I also carry Enfamil coupons on me at all times that we get sent directly to us from Enfamil. So, on top of the $5 savings, I got an additional $3 off each canister. That's almost 1/3 off! We have more coupons at home for $5 off, so we'll be able to stock up on formula for almost 40% off! Anyone that buys, or has had to buy formula, knows formula sales + coupons is like Christmas Morning (okay, well a little less exciting, but exciting nonetheless).

Thanks Jen, because of you, we've got an extra $23 in our pockets today!

Here is my coupon "organization" system:





Envelopes for my six categories I decided on: "Paper Goods/Household Items"; "Dairy/Refrigerated Items"; "Brynnie Goods (All things baby)"; "Frozen Foods/Freezer Section"; "Toiletries/Medicines"; and "Dry Goods/Animals".




Look, they're' actually full of coupons already! Yes, I understand that the amount of excitement I am expressing over this is totally irrational.




But, it wasn't just me - Black was so excited he jumped up on the table and ripped the "Dry Goods/Animals" envelope out of my hand!




Dale hung out with Brynnie this evening while I had a coupon envelope photo session. 4 words that you'll probably never hear/see together again: "coupon envelope photo session". I guess the flash was pretty bright because Dale's eyes look so teeny tiny from squinting.



Random - but such a cutie in her Bumpo!

2 comments:

  1. Jen now you...gosh I better get my act together! Y'all are making me look bad! Good for you! I need to get organized and start saving a few bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you are too funny! Good job w/ the saving! Once you get more into it, you'll save more.

    Also, working on a post right now - and, you've won an award on my blog! :) Check back for details on it :)

    ReplyDelete