Thursday, April 8, 2010

Sleep is for losers.

I love my darling daughter, and still think she's the bee's knees, but I think she's just much, much cuter during the day when Mommy has had her beauty (sanity) sleep.

At Bryn's 2 month check-up, her doctor told me our next appointment (which is 4/16 for her 4 month check-up) is what he calls the "Grandma Appointment". When I asked why, he said "because this is where we allow you to introduce solid foods and grandmas love giving babies solid foods".

I had heard a lot of moms getting so excited about introducing solid foods and had no idea why. My Mom and sister clued me in and told me that babies sleep a lot better on solids. SOLD!

Brynnie doesn't seem to be in any pain, which is excellent. For a couple of days you could just tell the poor child did not feel good. She was so funny and it was just horrible.

Is there anything worse than seeing your child hurt and not be able to fix it? I mean, even when this kid's eye was completely swollen shut and covered in mucus, she was still her jovial self.

So, as I sit here this morning at 5:30 am, on a little over 4 hours sleep, I would like to thank God for putting caffeine on this here Earth (and allowing me to consume copious amounts throughout the day).

No comments:

Post a Comment