Sunday, April 18, 2010

Happy Birthday, Tom!!!!!!!!!







Today is my step-dad, Tom's, birthday. To celebrate, all of us girls went out to the beach to spend it with him. To clarify, that's me, Mom, Mel, Ann..... and Dale, Bryn, Gary, Maddox, Merrick, Mercer, Cindy, Roland and Debbie (Jeni and fam were sorely missed, but they can't come down every month - although we'd love it). Mom made a ham and Cindy made her world famous red velvet cake (which I was good and did not partake even though it had to have been as phenomenal as usual. This was confirmed by Dale having a second, much larger slice).

This was also Miss Brynnie's first time at the beach! The weather was overcast, and the water in the pool and ocean was freezing, so after about 10 minutes, Dale, Bryn and I headed back upstairs to the condo. She got to put her feet in the sand and I even dipped them in a little water, but I think she'll enjoy it much more for the annual Wharton-Becker-Wilson-Balint-McCrystal 4th of July Vacation. She'll be almost 7 months old and hopefully able to sit on her own and splash in the pool and the ocean.

We left around 2 and stopped by Dale's parents' on the way home to say hello. It was quite an eventful day for us.




In the elevator on the way up to the condo. Dale saw this view of her little head poking out of the top of the sling and had to grab the camera. Glad he did!


Aunt Mel with Brynnie and me. How cute is that swimsuit? Aunt Ann got it for Bryn.



Family Photo. This picture cracks me up. Do you ever wonder what you look like when you're making a funny face? I don't anymore. Quite exquisite, is it not?



I love this picture of us. Don't know why, but I do.


Brynnie's not too sure of the sand. 



Grandpa Tom and Grandmama (and Merrick and Maddox waiting patiently for cake).



Maddox's look is saying "See, Aunt Lisa, Grandmama is cutting the cake? CAAAAAAAAKE!"


Cindy, Aunt Mel, Mercer and Grandpa Tom.


Dale, annoyed that I'm taking a random picture of him.


Mom and Tom's bedroom at the beach. I tried to convince her to give me that headboard, but she wasn't having it. I mean, we'd use it everyday. They rarely go out to the beach any more. Doesn't it just make sense for us to have it?



The ladies in the kitchen (where they belong - hahahahha).



From clockwise top left - Maddox, Merrick, Mercer and Brynnie.



Mercer, being adorable, as always!




I want to sit in the big girl chair like Mercer (or, Grandmama suggested Daddy put me in here for a photo op).






Look Ma, no hands! Grandma was testing out her new carrier. Baby tested. Baby approved!

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Looks like you guys had a good time. And, yes, I think you should have that headboard!

    ReplyDelete