Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lunch Post

As you can tell, I'm very good with keeping up with traditions once I start them. I believe I attempted to start this "lunch post" trend last month, and this is my second one.

I have been meaning to post on here some big news: Miss Brynnie's two bottom teeth have come in! They finally broke through the skin and are sitting pretty in her little mouth. I still can't believe it! I see no signs of the top teeth coming in yet, so we're good on that. For now.

Since the doctor told us we could start Bryn on solids, it's been a mixed bag. On one hand, she loves her high chair and we all enjoy sitting at the table together and catching up on our days. On the other hand, this feeding stuff is tricky. The doctor said she'd be confused at first, and, well, she is. It's a bit frustrating, quite honestly. I can't tell if she even gets anything down her belly at all.

Even though we were told we can give her 1-2 servings twice a day, we just do one serving, once a day. She doesn't act like she's starving, and believe me, she's growing quite well, so the kid isn't lacking nutrients. I'm thinking maybe she just doesn't like rice cereal. Sunday we get to try oatmeal cereal, so hopefully I'll have better luck with this.

I went out for a run (okay, 1/2 run, 1/2 walk while panting) with Jack last night. It has been about a year since I even attempted to do this.  Bryn wasn't in the mood to go down at her usual hour, so by the time Jack and I got out of the house, it was pretty dark. Being the genius that I am, I suited up in my black pants, black shirt and went out with my black dog. We must have looked like a duo of rag-tag ninjas. The good thing, though, was that Jack was a perfect companion. He only tried to yank me to the ground twice. Dale pointed out that it's because it was dark out so Jack couldn't see his nemeses, the squirrels.

Other exciting stuff (at least for me), is that Dale and I got Nooks. Nooks are e-readers from Barnes and Noble. The reason we went with these instead of the Kindle is because you can actually download books from your local library on the Nook. So, after spending the initially outlay on the equipment, you basically never have to spend money on books again. Plus, you get the added bonus of not having to go to the library and get harassed by the mass of homeless people inside and out (I know I sound horrible, but it's gotten really bad here).

Well, that's basically all we've got going on right now. So, I'll leave you with some pictures Dale sent me recently from his camera.




1 comment:

  1. Let me know how the book thing turns out. I am always afraid that the screen will hurt my eyes. Cute pics of Bryn per usual :)

    ReplyDelete