Friday (the 16th, when she turned 4 months), Bryn had her 4 month check up. She's still off the charts for height, but her weight is catching up. She's in 90% for weight now (up from 75%) and her noggin size is up to 75% from 50%. In other words, she's still a big kid. She got her shots also, which is never fun. Last time she slept for a few days afterwards, this time we have not been so lucky. She was okay yesterday, but all day today, the poor baby has been extremely fussy and was running a 102 degree fever this morning.
Exciting news, though, we got to start feeding her cereal!!!!! She's kind of confused (as the doc said she'd be), but I think she'll get the hang of it soon enough. It's only twice a day we're giving her cereal, so it's not too bad.
Ann and Merrick were around our parts and Merrick wanted to see Jack, so they stopped by. I think Merrick forgot how big Jack was and was a bit scared. Hey, if something was about 3 times my size and came up to me wanting to lick my face, I'd be a bit taken aback as well.
Merrick also seemed to forget how big he was too and took a trip down memory lane; getting into the swing and walker that Ann had given us (and were once Merrick's). Merrick was so sweet with Brynnie too, as usual. He kept posing for pictures with her, then immediately after I took them, he'd say "okay, let me see". Hey, he wanted creative control over his shots.
Tomorrow is Tom's (Grandpa Tom) birthday and we're going out to the beach to see him and Mom (Grandmama). Melanie will be there too. Yay! We haven't seen her in ages, so we can't wait!
Brynnie loves the rabbit Cindy gave her. Unfortunately, so does Jack.
"Aaaaah, this takes me back".
"See Mom, I still fit!"
Eating from a spoon is so much fun!
Merrick, Brynnie and Aunt Ann. I think Merrick is already starting to come towards me to see what this picture looks like.
Merrick holding Brynnie's hand. I noticed at the doctor's office that Bryn LOVES little kids.
Happy 4 months! Great new look...like the green and pink! Did you get the blog award I left you? Happy Weekend!
ReplyDeleteI love the new layout! Super preppy, and of course, Bryn's nursery colors :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe she's 4 months already! Time is flying big time. We had a hard time w/ our 4 month shots too. Those were the only tough ones to date.