Well, I went during lunch today to see if I could find Bryn an Easter dress. Well, as this post title suggests, I got the cutest Easter dress ever! I've already told my sister in law with this tid bit, but I'm going to wait until Easter to post pictures of it. I'll just say there's hand smocking involved and that's only the beginning :)
It's Good Friday this Friday and since we're closed when the courts are closed, I get the day off on Friday, so Thursday (tomorrow) is my Quasi-Friday. Dale has to work, so Brynnie and I will get some mother-daughter bonding time in. Oh the places we'll go. Like to the book store to get that book and load up on more Dr. Seuss (I've come to find, like me, they are Brynnie's favorites too and I can only read One Fish, Two Fish so many times).
We'll probably go get her Easter basket and bunny as well. Good thing she's still young enough that she'll have no idea we're shopping for her. Maybe we'll even do a little fashion show with all the great finds I got a Cutie Patootie and all the insanely adorable clothes my sister, Jeni, sent us that Avery has grown out of. If there's one thing this kid loves, it's changing her outfits (she giggles up a storm and squeals in delight when we change her clothes).
In the meantime, please let these pics suffice...
I was just playing around with the picture settings, but thought it came out kind of cool.
Dale (known to some as "Daddy") saying hello to Miss Brynnie after work.
Brynnie's always got her hands in her mouth as of late. I'm amazed she can fit anything in that mouth with all the drool that seems to have taken up residence in there.
Brynnie portraying her new M.O.
Oh hand smocking...hello! Love it! GG's Easter dress also has a bit of smocking. Since moving to Alabama I've learned just how big a deal smocking is in the South! Looking forward to your Easter pics.
ReplyDeleteLisa, smocked outfits are huge here! I bought a few summer ones for Bobby to wear this summer. Bob gave me a stern look (as in, "please don't dress my son like a girl.") But, I promised him I wouldn't put him in anything smocked over the age of 2! lol Consignment is huge here too. Churches have HUGE sales, and women jump and fight over the clothes like Coach Norton on 18 year old girls.
ReplyDelete