Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Brynnie Bryn is 2 Months Old!

So, Bryn turned 2 months old today. Little did she (or I) know what she was in store for. We had her two month appointment with the pediatrician, who we love! I didn't know that she was to get her first round of shots. My heart sank when the nurse gave them to her. She cried so hard that I thought I was going to faint. Poor baby.

They took her measurements and she's in the 99% for height (!), 70% for weight and 50% for head size. The charts only go to 95%, so I asked my doctor if I would be correct in telling people that Bryn is literally off the charts in height and he said she actually is. And, as for her not sleeping during the day, he said that's just her personality. He told me at 3 or 4 months she should start to be able to follow objects with her eyes. She's been doing that for a week or two now - further illustrating that she is the smartest child ever. I decided not to tell him that she can read and write already and that she actually drove us there. She has a hard time reaching the pedals and seeing over the steering wheel, but nothing a few strategically placed phone books didn't cure.

She's been intermittently crying and sleeping all day. Again, poor baby. Obviously, she wasn't up for a birthday party with her stuffed animals today, so here are a few random shots from the day...



Okay, I'm really not a horrible parent, Bryn started crying right as I was taking this. Black was just there for the party and was pretty disappointed that Bryn wasn't feeling it.




This is at the doctor's, before the dreaded shots. She looks so big in this picture. It's because she is. Giant Baby!




This is how she spent a nice portion of the afternoon - asleep on my chest. She just wanted to be held and soothed.



A super cute outfit from Aunt Ann. She's gotten so many cute things that she never got a chance to wear, so I wanted to put her in this before she grew out of it. It's a 6 month size. Not a 3-6 Month. A 6 Month.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 to Bryn! She is so long Lisa, seriously! Holy Cow!!! She is beautiful too. Your posts always crack me up. Also, Bobby had a real hard time w/ the 4 month shots. I'd give her infant tylenol 30 minutes prior to the visit. I do that for all his wellness visits! I cried the first time he got shots too.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete