Saturday, January 23, 2010

Lovely Day

It was gorgeous out today and Dale and I were both actually awake and alert at 9:00 a.m., so we decided to try and go to "our" Starbucks (the one that's a 10 minute walk from our house) like old times, only this time with not only Jack, but baby Bryn too. Well, we went to our Starbucks, but there was nowhere to sit outside, so we decided to go further and go to Panera. We are so glad we did! Not only is the view much better (see pics below), but it's much more family friendly and there are a ton more tables as well. Although it is almost twice as far away, we think we'll be going there a lot more. As we're sitting at Panera, having our coffee, we again realized how lucky we are to live where we do. So, a sincere thank you to Mom and Tom!





Here are Jack and Bryn enjoying the Panera patio and Jack enjoying, in particular, my piece of bagel I gave him.






We were also lucky enough to have our friend, Jackie, stop by. I haven't seen her in ages, so it was super great. Not only was it great to see and catch up (a little) with her, she also held Bryn for about an hour, giving Dale and me a much needed break. You see, Miss Brynnie doesn't like to sleep during the day anymore. Today was another 11 hour day of awakeness, peppered with maybe, maybe an hours' worth of sleep in 5-10 minute increments. Bryn seemed to very much enjoy Jackie's visit as well.




And, here are some of my favorite pics of the day. Bryn's favorite place to be seems to be lying on my or Dale's chests while pushing herself up and staring at our faces. I have been getting as many pics as I can when this is happening. Just today, Dale took some as well. You know it's your first child when not only do you have a picture of your daughter, but you have a picture of her taken by her father, while her mother is simultaneously take the same picture. She is a cutie!



2 comments:

  1. I love where you guys live too! Seriously, how fun to be able to take Bryn on fun walks!

    Cute pictures too! I hope she sleeps some for you during the day today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God, seriously Lisa, you're killing me with these pictures! she is so CUTE! Such pretty eyes!

    PS -- I'm completely jealous of your weather. I haven't seen a day without rain since, like, October over here! No fair.

    ReplyDelete