Thursday, May 20, 2010

Sick-ish Day(s)



Cindy had to have surgery on her hand (so horrible - she managed to cut her finger "perfectly" according to the surgeon), so I had (got) to stay home with Miss Brynnie today (and I get to tomorrow). I think that last sentence needs a few more ( )'s.

Anyway, we had such a nice day today. First, the princess slept in until 8 this morning. Well, Dale and I each got up at least 3 times in the night because our darling daughter has mastered the art of rolling over on to her back, but she doesn't like to sleep on her back (don't worry, we have the Angel Care Sensor/Monitor, so she can sleep on her tummy), so she starts to cry until we go in there and flip her back over.

Then, we got up and hung around for a bit together until her first morning nap. After she woke up from that we went to Ulta and I got new blush. I lost mine when my purse was stolen and the new one I replaced it with gets powder everywhere when I use it. I actually ruined my favorite Loft cardigan from the rogue rouge getting all over my shoulders while applying it. I got Stila Convertible Color gel blush and lipstick combo. It rocks!

Then we came back home for Bryn's second morning nap. After that we got up and went to Babies R Us. I went to get her new convertible car seat, but ended up getting a ton of clothes, diapers, toys and formula. Best laid plans...  I mean, when they have seersucker capris in pink and blue on sale for $2.40, how can you not buy them in every size they have?

After Babies R Us, we met up with my Mom, Ann and Sandra at Boston's Fish House for some lunch. It was delicious as usual, and I got some pictures of Bryn and Mom, much to my Mom's dismay (she felt she didn't look up to her usual standards. Good thing I don't have standards).

We got home around 2:30 and Bryn went down for her afternoon nap.

Then she woke up and we played. And played. And played.

It was a great day, just as I knew it would be. I just can't get enough of her!




After Bryn woke up from her first nap, I put her on the bed in her room and left for one second. I come back and this is what I walk into.






Hi Momma!

"You wanna play too?"





Ann, Mom and Bryn



This picture cracks me up. I've titled it "Ann punching me with her eyes".






Picture Time. Bryn can barely contain her excitement.


"What is the matter with you, woman?"


She's sooooooo close to crawling. Or what I like to call "oh crap, I need to get new carpets, a new vacuum cleaner, shave the animals, baby proof the house...."




1 comment:

  1. Ok, your captions are by far the best of ANY blog I read. Not just sayin that either.

    She's so cute!

    I hope Ann's eye punch didn't hurt too badly. Lurve you!

    ReplyDelete